Monday, September 19, 2011

A Day at the Aquarium

I had never been to an aquarium or seen real, live manta rays before. And I am 25 years old. These kids don't know how cool it really is to have access to such a cool place. When I was in Albuquerque, my cousin took me to the aquarium. My aunt and the little cousins came too, even though they had been there numerous times before. The big kids (including me and Auntie Kim) and the little kids oohed and aahed over the fish and seas creatures with the best of them. Beckett loved watching the rays. He's almost 2. I loved watching them too. (I even got to touch one! woo-hoot!)

My favorite part was probably the jelly fish room. Their eery glow filled the room, while their translucent bodies moved through the water. There was a distinct beauty to these creatures and yet I had to remind myself that these were actually dangerous animals. Still it was a cool thought to imagine swimming in a pool of jelly fish..... Definitely not very practical. I left the aquarium that day in awe of God's amazing creation. He has made so many marvelous things!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are such the traveler!! I love aquariums, too!!

Martha said...

An aquarium in the middle of the desert. How curious! Why how come we don't got an aquarium?

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'd prolly like the jelly-fish too cause the eery glow is pretty, um, pretty.