Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby Shower Saturday

Last Saturday, myself and two friends threw a baby shower for our mutual friend/sister. I went to visit Carissa in South Carolina in August and last week she came home for Thanksgiving. We seized the opportunity and showered her. She's due (with a girl!) February 4th. I hope I didn't make her feel awkward by how much I had my hand on her belly. Honestly, I think she was fine with it, since she did the same to me when I was pregnant with Josh. Feeling a baby move inside is really the most amazing feeling in the world, even from the outside...I'm counting my blessings in being able to watch my dear friend be expecting her first baby, even if it is from far away. I cannot wait to hold her little girl and kiss her little fingers and feel her soft hair on my cheek. And I secretly hope that little baby will look like her Asian side... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

February 4th, Great day to have a baby!! LOL! I know what you mean about feeling a baby move. It is an awesome feeling! I miss it, although I remember it being painful in the last months.:)

Martha said...

It was a very nice open house/shower. What a great way for so many friends to say hello and bless the honored couple.

Rachel said...

How exciting! Adam's Asian?

Bethany said...

Adam's Mom is from the Philippines. :) We're hoping for an Asian baby... :)