Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Josh's First Bath

Josh's very stubborn umbilical cord finally fell off last Thursday evening. I was so excited. I couldn't help but be very anxious to give him his first bath. After all, he was nearly ten weeks old and had never had a proper bath. Sponge baths don't count as proper. Unfortunately, he was going to have to wait a couple more days. Ashleigh's wedding was the next day and we had to leave very early in order to get to New Jersey in time. But Saturday evening, after we had come home, I could wait no longer. We filled the tub with warm water and laid him in it like he was a little fish. He didn't seem to mind... No whining or crying. He was such a good boy and now he was clean. I was quite happy and Joshua seemed pleased too.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah for Josh's long awaited bath! I have never heard of a cord hanging on for such a long, long time. He sure is adorable in pictures and in person. I am so glad I got to meet him!

Martha said...

I love the looks exchanged between Josh and Adam. And I'm glad Josh finally had a bath. He was getting to be a little stinker. (ha ha)

Bethany said...

If you look at the pictures, we all have double chins!

Heather said...

I think the more chins the better, right?

Michelle said...

What a handsome boy!I one of my girls umb cord stayed on a long time too, but not quite as long as Josh's. I too remember getting so tired of taking care of it. Now, one less thing to worry about! He and Jonathon will have to get together sometime soon for a playdate.I left you a comment on my blog, when I probaly should have left it on yours instead. I am still trying to figure this all out!

Bethany said...

You did it right Michelle. That's how we do it too!

Priscilla said...

cute!

Wanda said...

I can't believe how much I love babies...Your little Joshua is adorable.
Our little Issac Michael turned 6 months Dec. 22...I can't stop looking at his pictue either.

We are blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just found your blog. I love babies, and Josh is so cute! He's beautiful! I bet he needed a bath ;-). He's going to be a good swimmer, if he didn't cry! That's what my mom said about me, I think.....
Can't wait to see more of little Josh!

Allen said...

I don't have a very exciting relation to him. He can grow up knowing I'm his cousin once removed. (how dull)

Bethany said...

Come, come Allen... He will have a very exciting relationship with you. You can pick on him and call him names and stuff. Then I will scowl at you for hurting his feeling... That will be very exciting, don't you think?

Martha said...

I think Josh has had one very long bath now. Take him out of that tub and get him dressed!