Friday, August 01, 2008

The Castle

Well, I made it home :) On Monday, I left with the Junior High group from my church and went to the "Castle" in Pennsylvania. It really is a castle, with towers and everything and the stone building sits high atop a mountain. Our church groups have been going there for a long time and this was my third trip down. Going to the castle never gets boring. We go with great expectations and hopes of what the Lord will reveal to us, and He is always faithful. This year was the first time the Junior High group got to go and they loved the experience. It was fun to watch them interact with my older brother Dave and my sister-in-law Leta, the group leaders. We had some really good studies and the last night there, we had a special prayer time which included songs, tears and a whole box of tissues. God is good. Dave and Leta also prepared some really cool games which the kids loved. He took us out into the woods and each team (there were 3) had to build a little house from anything we could find in the woods. The houses were scrutinized for durability, order and style. We also played a relay game where each team had to put a body together piece by piece and learn scripture verses that went along with that particular appendage. Dave is good at making up kid games, cause he is still a kid himself :) I am so glad I was able to go along with the group of them and I hope to keep up with the kids a little better than I had been. What fun, what fun.

7 comments:

Martha said...

Dave is good at making up kid games, cause he is... related to Uncle Chuck. Did anyone take pictures of the houses? And did you show them how to scale a castle wall? Sounds like a fun time.

Heather said...

Welcome back! It sounds like it was a great time. That is so cool that David and Leta lead the junior highers.

It looked like Josh had a very good time at Grandma's house while his Daddy was at work. He even helped feed the dog;)

Bethany said...

Leta took pictured of the houses. I left my camera in the castle while we went out into the woods. :( And I did not scale the wall this time. I didn't want to give anyone any bad ideas...

Rachel said...

Just look at Dave and Leta with those kids! I have seen Dave in action with my hard to reach Steven, and he does VERY well! He is gifted.

Rachel said...

Oh, I'm glad you had a good time, and survived your 1st episode of leaving your child for a few nights!

Wanda said...

Looks like a great castle and a great time.

Lots of happy faces.

Jessica Morris said...

cool!! :) a real castle sounds like fun!! do you have more pictures of it?!