Monday, March 02, 2009

A Found-On-Road-Dead Moment (F.O.R.D.)

Ahhh.... A spare moment to sit, without Josh and without hubby to keep me occupied. Poor Josh has not been himself today. He spent an hour+ last night coughing, woke up early today and was quite crabby all day long. He even fell asleep on the way to daycare and on the way home. My poor little boy fussed and whined and boogered everything from the time we arrived at daycare till the time we left. I am so glad that I could be there with him. He is now, at 4:45, sleeping in his crib and will hopefully be happy when Daddy gets home. No hoping about it. Josh is always happy when Daddy gets home. Daddy is Joshua's #1 hero and always gets big smiles upon arriving home. So no doubt tonight will be the same. Even if Josh isn't feeling like himself.

The past week has been somewhat eventful, starting with my vehicle. I typically drive a nice 2003 Ford Escape. I typically love it. But two Friday's ago it decided to be grouchy and whine at me. (Kind of like Josh today.) The following day we, the three of us, left home to pick up my nephew to babysit for the day. Not even 5 minutes down the road, my lovely Ford Escape decides it doesn't want to drive fast. Only 30 mph. So we putts along going slower and slower... Adam is on the phone with the mechanic. Soon it is very apparent that we are not getting anywhere. We can barely get off the road. Great. Here we are stuck with a frustrated husband and a 1 1/2 year old who thinks he should get out of his car seat because we have now stopped driving. Thankfully Mom and Dad live not too far away, and my Mom drives up, picks up Josh and I, and together we drive to pick up my nephew. Good thing for Moms. Turns out, we have to replace the transmission in our Ford Escape, but very, very thankfully we bought the extended warranty and transmissions are covered. So it has now been 1 1/2 weeks that I have been driving a beautiful, very inconvenient two-door, Ford Focus. It is amazing how driving a pretty car can make you feel oh, so stylish. But, ugh, whoever decided to invent the two door car definitely wasn't thinking very family-friendly. I should have my vehicle back sometime late the week.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, I remember those days all too well, toting around 2 booger boys, one of which always got an ear infection with everything he caught. Poor Josh, I hope tomorrow is a better day for him. :(

Glad you Ford was fixable, and for free!

Martha said...

A little history on the two-door car. This lovely vehicle, invented before the advent of carseat laws, was very effective in keeping small children from opening car doors while the vehilce was in motion. Fast forward several decades and you have a car which makes tossing heavy 1 1/2 year old boys into car seats good business for chiropractors. I hope you have your lovely Escape back soon. I wouldn't want you to get too used to being stylish. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a blessing that your transmission was still covered by the warenty.They are so exspencive when they are not.That is a beautiful car that you got to borrow!!

Bethany said...

Good point Mom... Never thought of it that way.

James Austin said...

You and I both have bad years for Fords (mine is an 02 Ranger) but I knew it going in, so I also have the extended warranty. I've got my money's worth out of it already! The new ones are supposed to be a lot more reliable. I've driven the new Focus and the new Fusion while my vehicle was in for repairs, and they are pretty stylish.