Friday, April 07, 2006

Dirty Sneakers (Sounds Like Ice Cream)

Tonight I wash my dirty sneakers. This has to happen because I went for a hike today (in the rain) with a couple of the kids I watch. Noami and Joe led the way through the woods. There were nice trails, but one time they tried to lead us off into the thicket. I told them to go back to the trails, partly because I didn't think we needed to go wandering off to where I wouldn't know where we were and because Katherine (who is four) was having a hard time keeping up with the other kids. We tromped through muddy cornfields, over streams, up hills and in ditches. It was kinda fun but didn't take as long as I thought it would. But, my goodness! Were we messy when we got back to the house. Noami had mud on her pants up to her knees and Rebekah's skirt was rimmed with wetness as were her boots. I did let their wet and dirty things soak in the washer for a while this afternoon. It was fun going on a hike. I haven't done that in a while. It reminded me of being a kid. I would've felt like one except I kept on having to tell those bigger kids to wait for Katherine and I. Katherine needed a little help. I had a good day, I think. Now I look forward to my day off tomorrow. I shall have to make good use of that day. Grocery shopping and going to the mall to find something to wear to my cousins wedding in two weeks. Agh! It's less than two weeks till I go to Texas all by myself! Yikes!!! I'm so excited.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Eating gym shoes, hmmmm... Doesn't sound too good to me.

Martha said...

Muddy ... (what?)

Rachel said...

It sounds like you had a nice time with the kids. Good thing mud washes out, sometimes it's fun to get dirty!

Priscilla said...

The icecream is called "muddy sneakers." I prefer "bittersweet Symphony."

Bethany said...

bittersweet symphony is good...

Anonymous said...

It's time to write about a different flavour of ice cream!