Thursday, February 08, 2007

I'm a Hopeless Romantic


At the restaurant, we're getting ready for Valentine's Day. We sell chocolate and goodies besides regular food and thus become very busy at such times of the year. So in honor of Valentines Day andThirteen Thursday I shall post thirteen "romantic" things or ideas. (Besides, I have to work tomorrow, so I'll no time to blog then.)

1) a single red rose
2) a box of chocolates

this is going to be harder than I thought...

3) a handwritten Valentine card, via the mailbox
4) a bouqet of flowers
5) a surprise gift sent to your work, so all the other girls can be jealous
6) a delicious homemade meal made special just for you
7) watching the sunset together
8) dancing together
9) a warm snuggle by the fire place
10) gently falling snow and moonlit skies
11) a note in the lunchbox
12) when he sings to you (does this really happen, or is it only a joke?)
13) a gentle kiss

Okay, so maybe all of those things aren't neccesarily your fancy, but are nice to me... What kind of things do you think are romantic? (Ugh, I'm such a girl... Don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up. Adam has school next Wednesday.)

18 comments:

Martha said...

I love your list! It's a great Thursday Thirteen. I think there really are guys out there who sing to their sweeethearts. If I got to choose, that's the one I like too. Oh well, maybe I'll just take out that old contada video and listen to him sing on there...

Martha said...

More ideas...

hmmm... you're right this is hard. Maybe you've already taken all the good ideas. Or, maybe I'm not romantic enough?

T said...

weeeell now. guess I take my guy for granted! he has sung to me and has at one time or another done all of those things.mmmmmm how quickly I forget.... sad sad sad.
I like to take a country drive and have a picnic in a field by a lake or creek.

judi/Gmj said...

Feb. 28th is our wedding anavers. so this month is specially romantic for me. Carl use to sing and play his guitar for me. When he first sang "waltz across Texas" that was it. Not you had me at hello, but that song. Oh, I still get all shiverery. You are a romantic, your very own box of chocolates, yummmm.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Your list is great! Romantic ideas? My mind is a blank! Nothing new there! I guess the thing I love most is a little card from my hubby with a sweet note written inside or just sitting on the sofa holding hands.

Anonymous said...

girls!

Shelly said...

Hmmm... I'm not very romantic... But I would have loved it if he had planned a special date. One where he found the sitter and made all the plans of where we were going and what we were going to do.

Rachel said...

I love your list too, Bethany! Most of the time it doesn't cost much $ to be romantic. I would love just being home (alone) together and cooking a nice meal together and eating it by candle light. (just enjoying eachother without any distractions)

Anonymous said...

Being alone together would probably be my choice too, since I don't think he's going to sing to me :) I have always appreciated those times.

Yeah, snuggle up in front of the fire with a shared blanket and a cup of something warm to drink. No kids, no TV, no telephone, and no.... computer! Just me and he.

Martha said...

Now How in the world did I get turned into Jasmine? That just isn't right!

Rachel said...

Martha-That happens to me all of the time too, since Michael opened a blogspot for Jake. I don't pay attention to whether I'm logged in or not til I leave a comment and it shows up under Jake's name.

Rachel said...

By the way it's pretty wierd to hear Jazzy say all that romantic stuff. I'll never look at her quite the same.

Priscilla said...

I think it sounds reasonable for a dog to want to snuggle in front of the fireplace.

Anonymous said...

I'd prefer to just skip Valentine's Day.

Bethany said...

Maybe you're right... Skip Valentines Day all together and that way none of us are dissapointed. Good idea, just wipe it off the calander altogether.

Martha said...

Last year Christine celebrated Spargel Appreciation Day, remember? It was only for single people.

Rachel said...

No skip!

Bethany said...

I don't really want to skip it, I'm just afraid of it being "forgotten".

And nice picture Aunt Rachel!