Friday, February 02, 2007

Veggie Booty

So when I went to Wegmans today, I wandered through the organic section. This is my lastest phase... "See what good foods there are in the organic section." I'm not sure what started me on this. Probably a number of different things. Anyway... So in the "snack" isle, there were these bagged snacks like veggie chips, organic corn chips, potato chips, etc., etc... And then there were Veggie Booty. Honestly it was the name that caught my attention first. And the fact that there was a picture of a pirate and his ship on the front of the bag. "Hmm. Interesting. Who would want to buy a snack with the word booty on the front? Not me." I pick it up. Puffed rice and corn. "It could be interesting enough to try." Made with spinach and kale. "Probably gross... but probably healthy. I'll try it. Worst case scenario is that I hate it and it was a waste of $1.99. Best case scenario... Adam hates it and I love it and I have a snack all to myself." Well, sometimes it pays to go through the organic section at Wegmans. Because I found a good healthy snack that I love and that Adam will hate (I'm assuming) and it's made with vegetables. Hooray!

14 comments:

Rachel said...

You're brave, I would never be tempted to buy "Veggie Booty". So were they yummy, and did Adam like them?

Jake said...

I have bought veggie chips many times though. There are beet chips, sweet potato chips, and I can't remember what other kind of chips all in one bag, and they ARE yummy! I only bought them after having them at someone elses house though. I never would've bought them without having them 1st.

Bethany said...

Jake, you like veggie chips? I wouldn't have thought that a dog would like vegetables... Unless you were Jasmine.

And yes they were yummy... But Adam has not yet sampled.

Martha said...

They sound interesting. Too bad I've already made my trip to Wegman's for the week.

T said...

i would have bought them just cause of the name! too funny.
organic is the best way to go... most of the time....

Priscilla said...

sounds interesting. I'd try them. Why not?

Rachel said...

LOL That wasn't Jake who left that comment, it was me. I keep forgetting he blogs now and I need to re enter my password. He hates veggies!

Tracy said...

I have tried some various organic "healthy" snacks, but generally been disappointed. Trader Joe's has a low fat "healthier" version of cheese puffs that are really good, though. Unfortunately, (or perhaps, fortunately) we don't have Trader Joe's in my town.

Martha said...

God makes thiese really cool low fat snacks too. They're called carrots and celery.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

not sure if I would eat something with that name! LOL!

Shelly said...

The question isn't so much if they were yummy or not... Will you be buying them again? In other words, are you a committed fan?? :)

Bethany said...

I took some to Mom's on Sunday and tried another... which I liked even better. "Pirate Booty" they were called... and I will definently buy those again.

Martha said...

She wants to be a pirate and sail the high seas in search of gold dubloons!

Anonymous said...

veggie booty tastes like it sounds. Yuck!