Friday, January 26, 2007

Ease of Mind

Well, after a very brief visit to the doctor (good thing he's right around the corner), he determined that I had pulled the tendon in my thumb and that's what is causing the tingling and numbness. He said I should take aleeve and I'll be good in another week. Seeing as I don't have any aleeve and I don't like taking pills I probably won't, but I'll probably be fine anyways. I suppose I'll just take it easy and baby my thumb (except when I'm working) and it'll get better just fine.

I don't like going to the doctor for nothing. But I suppose, ease of mind is nice.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, it's good to have peace of mind. I'm glad you had it checked.

T said...

don't take aleeve to much, studies show that it can cause liver problems later. :( if you take alot of it anyway.
I don't like pills either... only when it really , really really hurts.

Bethany said...

Okay, I actually haven't taken any yet... and didn't plan on buying any either! See how well I follow the doctors advice!

Martha said...

At least she follows Mom's advice... sometimes.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am so glad you had that checked out! Get better soon.

Bethany said...

What's that mean Mom?

T said...

mmmm rebel child....?
got two of those... or was I one?
mmmmm

Shelly said...

Well, I'm a druggie. LOL. But I'm off the Exedrine! Now it's Bayer and Tylenol.

T said...

oh my gosh NOt you too, first martha now you... what group have I found? caffeen freaks and asprin junkies! geeez.
LOL~!

Tracy said...

Sorry, nursey here with annoying information. There is actually a therapeutic reason that he recommended taking Aleve. It is an anti-inflammatory medicine. Beyond just pain relief, it helps settle down the irritation going on. Ibuprofen is in the same group of medication, so it has the same properties, but doesn't last as long as Aleve - that's the main difference between the two. Both of them can be hard on your stomach if you take too much of it.

Anyway, that's not to contradict your opinion that it will probably settle down on it's own with time. But the Aleve may help it happen sooner.