Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's A Chili Kind Of Week

Seems to me, there are many people who have been craving chili lately. Maybe it's because of the chilly weather. I heard my Grandmother was making chili yesterday. I made some this morning to put in my crock pot before I went off to work. And when I stopped by my Mom's house on the way home this afternoon, she was starting to make some herself. Must be it's in the air... My Mother was the one who taught me how to make chili. She puts in hominy, bacon and several kinds of beans. Lots of chili powder and some cilantro help to give it it's special flavor. Yum. Those aren't all the ingredients, but let's not be silly, you already knew that. So, have you made chili yet this week? And if so, what is something you put in it that maybe everyone else does not?

7 comments:

Martha said...

Grandma put carrots in her chili. She said they made it pretty.

Priscilla said...

It sounds good. Martha makes the best chili. Maybe I'll make some soon.

Rachel said...

Nope, I made it a couple of weeks ago though. I put polish kielbasa in with the ground beef (your mom taught me that). I think it gives it an extra yummy taste! Steven and I LOVE chili with kidney beans, but Uncle Dave and Mikey don't, so I have to separate our chili's into 2 different pans before I put the beans in.

Martha said...

I can't imagine eating chili without beans!

Anonymous said...

Hello... Thanks for commentingmy page. You seem like a real nice person :-) I dont meet people that are completely normal too often. I saw your other blog and the pictures are amazing. Did you take those? well i lived in Rochester, I now live in Texas (doing and internship) but its still my home. Well have a great day! God Bless!!!

T said...

mmm I think I shall make some today.... mmm no sleep over weekend for kids... not today, sunday... I love crockpots!!!!!

Shelly said...

I love my vegetable chili! The recipes on my blog. :)

And I love my crockpot too! A wonderful invention for those of us who don't like to cook. :)