Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy Winter!

Well, winter has finally come. I woke this morning to snow covered allyways and bending branches and snow plows. Yea for the highway department workers who can finally go to work! And the salt mine employees who were laid off for lack of snow to salt! Maybe they can go back to work! Who knew I would be rejoicing over snow... Great, this means I must drive in it, walk in it, and maybe even buy some new winter boots. At least I don't have to shovel it. This morning my land lord was outside shoveling the walkways and plowing the driveway. I just better wait till next year to worry about that kind of stuff, I guess. As for new boots, I got rid of my OLD ones last year because of that very reason... They were OLD. And slippery. And the bottoms were worn off. Where is a good boot store? Should I get stylish boots or purely convenient boots or maybe a little of both? Rubber boots, furry boots, boots that climb on rocks? Large boots, skinny boots, or maybe boots with spots? Okay, maybe that was a little much, but, I hope you don't complain about the snow. Afterall, we haven't had much at all to bother us lately and the weather has been very agreeable up until last night. So enjoy the snow, take your kids (and me) sledding, shovel your neighbors walkways, smile and wish everyone a happy winter. (It's still falling...)

8 comments:

Bethany said...

PS. Even though you cannot tell, I was standing in my doorway when I took these pictures and the snow was blowing in. Quite cold and blustery and exciting.

Martha said...

Happy Winter to you too!
It's a good day to make cookies.

Rachel said...

I say boots for snow are the best boots to get because then you have nice warm feet when you're sledding! Of coarse you don't want to get ugly warm boots, so try and find a nice looking pair of warm boots.LOL! Uncle Dave just got Steven a really nice pair online!

Priscilla said...

We only got a dusting!

Bethany said...

Aunt Priscilla needs to bring her kids up here to go sledding!

Shelly said...

I have very ugly boots! And to make them even uglier I have BRIGHT orange and blue shoe laces. They look totally rediculous. LOL. I wouldn't recommend them.... Happy winter. I'll try not to complain...

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

How pretty! We are supposed to have an ice storm oh joy! I would rather have the snow thank you! LOL!

Shelly said...

BTW, Heather recommends imitation Uggs boots. She would recommend the Uggs boots themselves as they are supposed to be extremely warm and comfortable boots - but they are a bit pricey. She claims that the imitation ones are good too only without the high price tag! How she knows this stuff I have no clue... Just passing along her suggestion!