Saturday, January 20, 2007

Twist and Crunch

So I hurt my wrist while sledding yesterday. Yuck. And here I was all excited for the snow cause then we could go sledding. It was a twist and a crunch that did it... At first it didn't move, then it did and the pain grew very gradually from an ouch to a take medicine, put a bandage on it along with ice and then feel like crying and go to bed. I went to the Dr today to make sure it wasn't busted. They took x-rays and didn't see anything broken. But she still put it in a splint because the place on my wrist that was the most painful doesn't show up in the x-rays and she was a little concerned about that. So I must wear the splint for a week and if, when I take it off, it still hurts, then I need to go back to my Dr. I don't know how I am to be a waitress with one arm. Hopefully I can still be a clerk and take peoples money. Argh, why doesn't my boss call me back so we can figure this out?

5 comments:

Martha said...

I know you just felt bad for Grandpa. He can't do his work the same either, has to play a harmonica in the nursing home service instead of his banjo, but Mary will find a way for you to work. She wouldn't know what to do without you. And besides, what would you do with a whole week off work?

Bethany said...

I don't know! I might go insane! I can't even wash the floors!

Rachel said...

I'm sorry you got an ouchy. That's no fun.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your owie1 please take care of it! hugs!!!!

Shelly said...

Sorry 'bout your injury! Get better soon!!