Friday, February 16, 2007

Lot's of Time

Life has been busy lately. I have a feeling that it won't slow down either... Between work, work and work, I haven't had much free time this week. But I did have a revelation on the way home this evening. I just may spend somewhere around 10 hours a week driving. That might seem like a lot of wasted time if you add it all up at the end of my life. But driving hours could be very productive if I spent them with Jesus. So my prayer life isn't exactly blossoming right now... But I realized that it isn't because I don't have any time. I usually drive without the radio on and it's just me and my thoughts. I will occasionally pray, but I could dedicate all that time to my Savior. Imagine how well you could get to know someone with all that time to talk...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, I have prayed while driving, but I get too easily distracted by stuff going on around me. Singing worship songs or songs of prayer in the car is easier, but then again I'm not always so disciplined. You are right...a fantastic way to spend car time.

Shelly said...

It may sound funny... but praying out loud always helps me to concentrate and stay focused. Not to say that I don't get still get distracted... but it helps! :) I think I even hear better when I do that cuz often he speaks to me THROUGH my prayers. LOL. I'll say something and it will hit me like a ton of bricks!

Shelly said...

Ugh! Well, you knew what I meant to say! (referring to get still get)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I always like to sing hymns and such in the car. When I was working, I spent a lot of time talking with God and singing as I worked by myself.