Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Meddle Not with Those Given to Change

“My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change: For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?” – Proverbs 24: 21-22.


Make sure to cast your vote today. I, as well as my Mother, am so looking forward to this day being over. I already feel anxious. But as I read this morning, "The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD." Proverbs 16:1. So I should not be anxious, but trust in the Lord. His hand is controlling all, even our future as a nation. Have mercy, dear Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also have been feeling the same about todays election.I have been praying on and off all morning for Gods will for our country.It is also very hard working in a worldly place where I have to see the people that I have grown to love that aren't Christians yet saying bad things about Bush and knowing that they want Obama in his place.What can I say?They know I am for bush still. I don't know.Yesterday I was quite alarmed by the "in school kids election" The results were
Obama - 267 McCain - 93
and 80 who didn't vote.God help us if in the real election Obama does win.

Martha said...

I do believe I heard this verse just the other day. It's a good one!

Rachel said...

Great verse! We will survive, remembering that God is with us every step of the way.