Friday, December 19, 2008

A, He's Adorable, B, He's So Beautiful....

Oh my word. I don't know if any of you "non related" bloggers out there caught the fact that I was about to be an Aunt. But in case you didn't...

She was a week early and started having contraction. By 4 pm, my brother Dave had taken his wife, Leta, up to the hospital. Dave called my at 9-ish and said I could come up if I wanted. (For moral support.) I brought him a couple cheese burgers and a coffee. It was going to be a long night. Leta started pushing at 12:15. The waiting room chairs were not very conducive for sleep. I had in my mind that she would push for about an hour, but then that's how long I pushed with Josh. At 1:30 I decided to go home. Little baby Lucas entered the world at 4:17am, after Leta pushed for four long hours. She is amazing. Mom and Dad are so happy, Lucas is healthy with a strong heart and I am an Aunt. Baby weighs in at 6 lbs 15 oz and is 20 inches long. He's a skinny little thing, especially compared to Josh, who was a whopping 8 lbs 9 oz. Ahh, new life. It is such a miracle.

Speaking of which, my miracle has just woke up from his nap. And something smells... like poop.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations Aunt Bethany!!!!!!! What an adorable little boy to love!

Martha said...

You were the last one in the family to get a nephew! How does your new title feel?

Bethany said...

Lovely! And old...

Rachel said...

What do you mean "old"? I became an aunt at age 12.
Congratulations on being an aunt. He is very handsome! I am now a great aunt for the 2nd time. Now that's old! :)

Rachel said...

I love that picture of you by the way...old lady! ;)

Martha said...

How do you think "Grandmother" feels?

Priscilla said...

I became an great Aunt on the day I married Jamie. I am also "aunt" to someone who is only 4 years younger than I am. LOL!