Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Extra Special Sort of Christmas

What a fun Christmas we had! With a brand new baby and my own son, it was an extra special occasion. Josh just loved that baby. He touched his little head so gently, but still managed to make Aunt Leta nervous. When Lucas gets a bit bigger, the two of them will make good friends.

Adam and I thought it would be a good idea to get Josh a truck for Christmas. We found a big Tonka dump truck that is just about as big as he is. What little boy wouldn't love a bright yellow dump truck? Especially when he can sit in the dumper and have his Mommy push him through the house. Grandpa made him a wooden truck and some blocks and Grandma Jo bought him a little push mower. So many new things to play with... I think the two of us will be busy for quite a while.

Speaking of busy, I have had such a nice past couple of weeks. I have had more days off than I have had in a long time. It feels wonderful to have the time to clean my house. I actually mopped my floor on Friday! (Do I hear applause?) Tomorrow will be my last scheduled day off for a while, with the exception of New Years Day. Only two days of work this week. I could get used to this...

4 comments:

Martha said...

You definitely hear applause!

Rachel said...

Applause! I've had a bunch of days off too. I don't go back to work til next Monday.
Josh was very gentle with Lucas. It was so cute to watch.

Allen said...

Yes. Christmas was fun.

Wanda said...

What a darling picture.... Happy New Year....

LOL:Wanda