Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Second Half of our Dramatic Weekend

Sorry that last post sounded so miserable, but I was trying to help you see the whole picture. The very real feeling of being helpless. So thankful I am for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And for my family and the prayers of those who love us. While Adam was haggling with the car-rental man, he also was on the phone with his father, Bob. Bob was ready to buy a ticket at that moment and fly down to help us. I know my Dad would've done the same, if we had asked. After we had secured a rental car for 24 hours, we drove out to the junk yard to get our stuff out of our car. This is what greeted us, and once again my emotions rose up inside of me.We pulled out our luggage, papers, Adam's golf clubs and my borrowed set of clubs, my flip-flops, which had been left behind the night before, and anything else which was of any importance. My Bible, which I had been reading earlier during our drive through Ohio, was saturated with coffee. So I left that behind with a note saying Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for his goodness and protection. Perhaps someone will read it and be touched by my Savior's love. And then we left.

We decided that, since we had already paid for a hotel close to Nashville, we would continue on our way, even though Adam had had zero sleep. We would make the best of it. Sleep sounded really good and we knew we could really rest once we got to our hotel. (Thanks for the advice Dad.) The last couple hours of travel went smoothly and a bed awaited us upon arrival. A shower never felt nicer. Sleep was never so good. Bob had booked a flight and was coming in at 7:30. Things were going to work out. We were alive and determined to make the best of our vacation.

7 comments:

Jessica Morris said...

(((Bethany)))
What a beautiful testimony of God's love and provision!
I like the note you left with your Bible, that is really neat :)

What happened to the drunk driver? Did he have any injuries?

Heather said...

I agree with Jessica. I love the note you left with your Bible. God is so good. I am so glad you and Adam are safe and sound and that even though you felt alone, your Savior never left even for a second. Love to you!

Bethany said...

The other driver was fine. No injuries that I heard of, though he did go to jail. It could've been a lot worse, especially if he had made it onto the interstate. His story might've had a very different ending. Praise the Lord that we were at the right place at the right time. (Hence the man at McDonald's taking 20 minutes for coffee, putting us where we needed to be.)

ElisabethCel said...

SO glad you guys were ok, but it still sounds like a rough time! I'm thankful God protected one of my very best friends. :)

Rachel said...

What an awesome testimony to leave behind...your Bible with a note praising God for his protection! Maybe someone will get saved because of your accident!!

Martha said...

I love that Bob flew down to help you guys out. I don't know why, but I do.

Troubled times have a way of drawing us closer to those we experience them with. God was not only working something we can't see, He was also binding you and Adam together in a whole new way. Isn't He good?

Priscilla said...

I'm glad you are all right. Loved the note!