Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday Thirteen

I haven't done a Thursday 13 in eons. But it seems strangely appropriate for today. Can't put my finger on exactly why...

1) I am thankful for my little family. A crying boy and my hard-working hubby. It has been such a blessing watching my little boy grow older this past year. Hearing him learn to talk and want to be more like his Daddy.

2) I am thankful that Joe has been able to stay with us for a whole year now. I have enjoyed getting to know him a bit better and it's nice to have someone around to talk to when Adam is not.

3) Strange as it may seem, I am thankful for the car accident we were in back in April. Not only did God keep us safe, but He also protected everyone who was driving on the Thruway, where the drunk driver was headed when he hit us.

4) In addition to looking out for our immediate safety during our car accident, God had other purposes in allowing us to be involved. We were made aware that Adam had high blood pressure, and since then he has been able to get that under control, and now I have a much handsomer, healthier husband due to that fact.

5) I am thankful that God allowed me to be a part of our church's mission trip to El Salvador. What an amazing experience!

6) I am thankful for the things that God has shown me about myself this year, allowing me to seek Him more and grow in my Spiritual walk with Him.

7) I am thankful for the mini vacations we were able to go on this past year. Places like Nashville and the Adirondack's, not including little day trips to Buffalo. It's good to spend time with my family.

8) Speaking of family, I am so thankful for my many brothers and my sister. For my parents, Grandparents, and my in-laws. And how God has used them to influence my life and help mold me into the woman I am.

9) I am thankful that my brother Jim was able to take a two-month-long sabbatical from MN this summer and come spend time with us. I'm sure he is forever grateful for the time he was able to spend in NY this year.

10) I am thankful for advanced notice. I would've liked more time, but the four weeks He did give us knowing that Grandpa had advanced cancer was blessing so we were able to prepare ourselves.

11) I am thankful for my Grandpa. I miss him so much and I expect tears today. I am thankful for his love for us, his example to us, his hugs, his jokes, his unending love of Jesus, his hardworking nature, his wisdom, his smell... I am thankful for his legacy.

12) I am thankful that Grandpa was so thin, because then I can wear his shirts. I am also thankful for our common love of gardening. It gives us one more thing in common and will help me to feel connected through the years to come.

13) I am thankful that my hope is in Jesus Christ and that heaven is waiting for me someday. I can't wait to see my Grandpa again.

So that's 13 of my "thankfuls". May God bless you all on this Thanksgiving Day! (And remember to be thankful.)

2 comments:

Martha said...

Yes, there will be tears, there already are...

Thank you for your heartfelt list. I love you.

Rachel said...

My tears were SO hard to contain yesterday during our time of dwelling on what we are thankful for. I found it very hard to speak. Grandpa left such a legacy for all of us, and for that I will be forever grateful.