Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Yard Sale Fail


It was a sunny day. A yardsale-able day. Or so I thought. I had hung out my signs, but not until last minute. I waited all day. Not one person. Not one car. I had arranged the tables so nicely. I even hung the baby clothes on the line to attract attention. Not one bite or nibble. It was a good thing I didn't feel like it was necessary for me to stay out there all day. I was able to bake lots of pies while casting longing glances out the front door. We didn't have one person walk into the yard until it was time to pack everything away. It was about that time when the neighborhood kids started gathering across the street in their usual hangout spot. One curious girl came over to take a peek. We had already packed away the clothes and were in the process of packing up the dishes. Suddenly there were more kids. Looking in the box of books and the stack of VHS movies. I was sure a bunch of 8-11 year olds were not going to want toddler books and movies, but I told them if they saw anything they wanted, they could have it. That got them excited... And I got rid of a couple books and some Veggie Tale movies. I offered them my mugs. You should've seen the kids move then! I had just enough mugs for one for each. They were happy. And then I gave away my brother's old skate boards. Two of them.So I guess I did a little cleaning out after all. Haha, well mugs and movies and skate boards anyway...

(Photo forthcoming. Camera is charging.)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh Bethany, that is SOOOO disappointing!! I know getting ready for a yard sale is so much work. It sure was nice to make the neighborhood kids happy, though, right??;-)

Rachel said...

Sorry about your yard sale. :(
Why are you getting rid of Veggie Tales movies when you have a 3 year old, doesn't Josh like Veggie Tales?

Bethany said...

They were VHS and we only have a DVD player. Hopefully the neighbor girl will enjoy them!