Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Visit by Ben

Nothing really interesting has been going on here. True, Ben and his friend Patrick did come to see me at the CK on Monday. He asked me if I was going to blog about his visit and I said I was. So Ben and Pat came by the restaurant and were making faces at me through the window. I waved and continued my duties. They decided to hop on in and say hello. I told them to sit down and I'd come say hi when I was down at the counter. Ben admitted he had no money- only 26 cents. I waved off his comment and said I'd be there in a minute. I ended up buying the boys a drink and each a piece of chocolate. I offered them fries or a chocolate. (Nice sister, I didn't give 'em much of a choice. But hey, I didn't want to spend all the money I earned before I even left work.) They each chose a chocolate from the case- Pat, a pecan caramel patty, and Ben, tongue-twister, cumdinger, hali-o-whoozit. And the boys even left me a tip when they left! That was the best part.

9 comments:

Martha said...

Was it 26 cents?

Rachel said...

What a nice sister you are!

Martha said...

No, it was 20 cents. He had to save his other six cents for the trip to Gallo's.

Priscilla said...

You are a nice sister. Audra says that she wants to come to see your house(apartment). Can we arrange that sometime?

Martha said...

Did I say that? Bethany is impersonating me. How cute!

Bethany said...

Sorry! That was an impersonation. See what I get for letting Mom use the blogger when she comes over?

Aunt Priscilla- I'll talk to Adam and see what we can do!

Anonymous said...

2 nickles, 1 dime. Pennys are insults, remember?

Joe Fool said...

Nobody ever visits me at Orbahkers.

Priscilla said...

Joe...if I lived up that way, I'd visit! I like Orbaker's.