Thursday, September 28, 2006

Barn Sales and Birthday Fiestas

And so we push on with the barn sale. Approval has been met, although it wasn't by any of you. I've been trying to help Mom organize everything, but I only have Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to help. I do have my own things to do too, so progress has been slow although I think we will be ready by next weekend. If you haven't anyhthing to do, you should come check it out... or at least help out. Lots of good stuff! Dressers, coffee tables, chairs, kitchen gadgets, dishes, tools, tactor parts and pieces, clothes (probably), hardware... you never know what you might find! Mom, don't forget to put an ad in the pennysaver. I'm going over again tomorrow to continue setting up. Does anyone have anything they want to sell? The more the merrier they always say.

Sorry to be so boring... No one wants to hear about barn sales. Although they are fun. At least I think so.

Well, we are going to N.M. in October. Aunt Kathy is getting married, so we're going for that. She wants me to play piano in her wedding. This scares me because for the past year I've been really lax on playing the piano. First of all, my upstairs neighbor complained the first time I ever played the piano after I got married. That really put a damper on things and then I don't think anyone here enjoys my playing. Except maybe Louis. So I must practice... Like oil on my rusty fingers. And I'll have to pray. I'm also spending my birthday in New Mexico. You all shall miss it. I'll be 21. Really old. Maybe we can celebrate with a fiesta...

Auntie Kim is in the hospital with complications from a surgery. She lives in Albuquerque. We have been praying for her and I hope she will be much better when we are in town.

It's raining today. Yuck. I was hoping for sunshine.

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

I may have a couple of things to contribute to the sale.

Sorry you have a neighbor who is so unappreciative of your music, Beth! If I lived upstairs, I would love to hear you play!

James Austin said...

Wow, that was like five posts in one!

twrxtkx -- I think it's a candy bar.

Bethany said...

Yes, five posts in one. That's how I do things ya know.

Thanks for your vote of confidence Aunt Priscilla! She hasn't complained lately. But I guess I usually try to limit playing to when she's not home... and then I'm not usually home during the day! What's a girl gonna do?

Martha said...

My week days are so filled up that it is hard to imagine my weekend being filled up with a barn sale. I am trying to manuver myslef into a more positive perspective. Maybe over this way a little...