Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hebrews 8:11-12

Okay, here's a question for you all. In my Bible reading this morning, I came across a puzzling verse and I'm wondering what it means.
Hebrews 8:11-12 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
In this passage He is talking to Isreal. What does it mean "...for all shall know Me..."? Wondering what everyone's take is on this.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I think that means that we are all without excuse, we all know that there is a God reguardless of what someone else does or doesn't say to us.

Martha said...

I'm worling on it...

Priscilla said...

I guess she's "worling" it around in her mind.

Martha said...

Okay, I finally printed your question and took it away to look up and think about. Here are my "worlings"...

It is likely a covenant fulfilled in the millenium reign of Christ. I'm sensing that God will completely remove the blindness of the nation of Israel and they will KNOW Him in a way they never have before. The scales will be gone.

Check out Jer. 31:31-34. I found verses 29 and 30 interesting too in the light of Wed. night's service.

Bethany said...

Oh, I think I see it a little clearer now. Thanks Mom... and Aunt Rachel too!