Thursday, January 08, 2009

Last Pot Post

For those of you who think my life now revolves around potty training an untrainable 14 month old, it does not. Maybe I was over enthusiastic about it this past weekend and that's why I was such a grouch when Josh didn't want to sit on the potty. He has been much better since I wrote my last post, and I think it's a fun learning experience for us both. I am not trying to rush him and I am not disciplining him when he pees in his diaper. I merely set him on the pot when I think his bladder should be full (ie after lunch, snack time, bottle or upon waking up dry after nap) and sometimes he goes and sometimes he doesn't. More often than not, I've timed it well and he can go a "wee" bit. He cheers for himself (sometimes even when he hasn't peed) and I also issues the proper hurrahs. I don't think it's a bad idea for me to set him up there a couple times a day. I may be wrong, and maybe I should not even bother. But none-the-less, I am enjoy seeing my son learning to react to my actions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, interesting.