Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Ol' Blue

I think I have a problem. I have this favorite pair of jeans... They were hand-me-downs, but none-the-less, I feel as if they have been with me for years. I feel at home and just right when I wear these jeans. But the last time I put them on, Josh took quite a fancy to them. He liked how he could put his hands on my knees and took the time to point out every single hole to me. We counted the holes together... There were six. It seems that each time I put them on, a new hole sprouts across my thighs. *Sigh* Perhaps it really is time to dispose of the ol' blue denim, but when I think of it, I imagine how nice they look under my sleeveless blue plaid dress, or how I need a good pair of jeans to use when stacking wood, or how I wouldn't have anything to wear my purple striped leggings with if I got rid of them, or... Maybe what I really need, is someone to sneak in and throw them out when I am not looking. (No, I am not giving you permission!)

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

If it makes you feel better...you could make them into something. Like a blue jean patchwork purse or bag...or who knows.