Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Kitchen Ooops


I've been meaning to make more Christmas cookies. About a week and a half ago, we hosted a Christmas party and I made my favorite Christmas cookies, Russian teacakes. This is how they looked when they came out. I think I laughed out loud. This had never happened to me before, but then I have never let the cookies sit on the counter for 20+ minutes before baking them. I suppose the butter had warmed up too much to hold them in their circular form. Needless to say, these cookies went "right in the garbage". Thankfully it only takes a few minutes to whip up another batch and I was able to make some more. But they are gone now. Can we have Christmas next week, so I have time to make more cookies first?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I plan on Christmas baking next week :). Really, what we need is two surprise days we didn't know we'd get right before Christmas. If we knew we'd get them we'd make plans instead of cookies.

Martha said...

I see they stayed on the cookie sheet. That's a plus.

You are so funny laughing out loud. :)

Sheri, if they weren't so dangerous, I'd be baking Christmas cookies all through December and into New Years.

Rachel said...

Oopsie! I was looking at the picture before I read your post, and I was trying to figure out what kind of cookies those were supposed to be. I never would've guessed Russian Tea Cakes...haha!