Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Adjusting My Diet

This morning is my Dr.'s appointment with my GYN. We will hopefully be able to discuss getting my body to function as it should, as naturally as possible. At the moment, I feel like getting pregnant again is a figment of my imagination and I think I am just going through the motions of pretending it's a possibility. For the last month I have adjusted my diet slightly, with the hopes of "kick-starting" (jump-starting?) my body into regularity. I have been substituting soy milk for regular milk and I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea. (I know raspberry leaf tea is to be avoided in early pregnancy, in case you are concerned.) This week when I went grocery shopping, I picked a pomegranate and some flaxseed, both of which I hear are very good for you. I typically eat pretty healthy otherwise, so I'm not sure what else I should add in or take out. I know my Dr. isn't a nutritionist, but maybe she can point me in the right direction. As of right now, taking drugs is out of the question, at least until after I get home from Indonesia and after I have done some research of my own. I really want to leave it in God's hands and trust that He knows what is best for me and my family. I'll update you later on anything else my Dr. has to say to me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

ok. some thoughts. There's this book called "making babies"
http://www.amazon.com/Making-Babies-3-Month-Program-Fertility/dp/0316024503/ref=cm_lmf_img_3_rlrssi0

I loved reading it. Written with an eastern and western point of view. They work in collaboration in NYC. It had so many thoughts and ideas that I had never heard of. That being said, a diet topic (and i think they discuss this in the book) is that you want your body to have warm foods since that's nourishing for the body. Warm drinks, spices (cinnamon, nutmegs) warm veg. (yams, sweet potatoes) whole grains (oatmeals) fascinating junk. Also (mentioned in the book) regular lubricants kill sperm, there is a special one of a kind lubricant that is the same pH as our bodies. Acupuncture is wonderful for fertility issues. I found a clinic in Rochester that does a sliding pay scale for those of us that aren't filthy rich. http://www.rochestercommunityacupuncture.com/ and then there are some supplements that are to boost your fertility-ness. http://www.babyhopes.com/fertility-enhancers/?gclid=CMmU0Ln2y6UCFYSK4AodSU5VkA
Hope you find some of this helpful. If you want to chat more, you know where to reach me.