Friday, May 06, 2011

Schlumpish

Blogging schlump. It's spring time. We are supposed to be having endless days of spring time enjoyment. Perfect weather, gardens to play in, warm sunshine, and... rain. And I have no blogging motivation. Maybe it's because I no longer blog for myself. I always feel pressure to captivate my "audience" with an interesting tale, woven with vibrant colors, intrigue at every step. Well guess what! My life is not always that exciting. It is day to day filled with little wonders, that may not captivate you like they do me. Would you be captivated by my very first ever asparagus stalks growing in my garden? Probably not. Or how about a sweet little nose snuggling your cheek while riding in the back of Grandpa's truck? Maybe eating absolutely authentic Mexican food for the first time this year, a whole two minutes away from home? If any of these things strikes your fancy, let me know! Maybe we have more in common than I thought. (PS I need a gardening buddy. Not someone to garden with, but someone to talk about gardening with. It's a therapy for me. And I need some picket fencing to go around my garden to keep the dogs from ruining my plants and stepping on my sprouting asparagus. This is a matter of prayer.)

5 comments:

Martha said...

I care. My snow peas are growing in spite of cats who need a potty spot, winds which whip off their plastic cover, and overcrowded conditions. I wonder if I'll ever get to picking peas?

My dog stinks. She has dog barf in her beard and is driving me nuts with her stench. I think I'll throw up too.

"bactopi" I just might change her name...

Wanda said...

I don't have much of a green thumb...but I can relate to your joy at your first stalks of asparagus.

Sounds like those little special things in your life should go on the 1000 gift list.

Think of you often... Love and Hugs
Wanda

Sherri said...

I am excited about those things! I love asparagus! I'll be your gardening buddy. I'd be more excited about the Mexican if I had eaten it myself.

Martha said...

Somebody ate a Mexican?

Heather said...

I would very much be interested in all of those topics!! I always love it when you have a new post giving me details into your life. (Although I am pretty excited about being able to see your little face in person now sometimes!!)