Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Sunday with Friends

On Sunday afternoon, Adam and I drove out to meet a couple friends of ours for dinner. Stephanie and her husband Stephen live rather far away but were much closer for the weekend, so we had to meet them while we could. The five of us (Josh was with us) went to Uno's Chicago Grill for supper and ordered two pizza's. We sat patiently and visited for a while, Josh ate all his crackers and his mixed veggies, and we downed several glasses of soda. We watched as the sky turned black with clouds and as rained poured out in the parking lot. Time went on and still we waited for our pizza. It must've been about an hour before Adam went and asked if someone could check on our pizza. Our waiter had forgotten to push "send" when he put in our order, so we had waited that long and the kitchen hadn't even started making our meal! By that time, Stephen was starving and our waiter offered us a free appetizer to enjoy while our pizza was baking. I guess sometimes it pays to wait patiently. I wonder how long we would've waited if Adam hadn't gotten up to ask? We might've been able to eat for free! All in all, it wasn't too bad that we had to wait so long. I only get to see Stephanie once or twice a year, so we soaked up all the time we had together and didn't mind the rumbly tummies too much.

After we left Uno's, we headed off to the bowling ally (much to Adam's chagrin, as he hadn't been bowling in ages). Stephen and Stephanie enjoy a good game of bowling and I don't mind either. My only dilemma was that I hadn't dressed for the occasion, in my wrap skirt and flip-flops. Thankfully, Stephanie had some overall jean shorts I could borrow and a extra pair of socks in her overnight bag. The two of them had spent the weekend working at the Bible camp where we had met as kids. By the end of the night, Adam had decided that bowling wasn't as horrible as he had remembered it to be and even suggested that maybe we go again sometime! That was a shocker to me. He has always despised the thought of bowling. Good work Stephanie, getting him to like something new!! Look at that bowling form! Way to go Adam!!

7 comments:

Joe Fool said...

Hooray, free appetizers!

Anonymous said...

Good times!!Glad we could get together!!I was quite shocked when I opened your blog and saw me and Stephen sitting there.
"Kinda scared me!!"LOL Josh had fun too I think.He was such a good boy watching us play and being passed around like a hot(sometimes stinky)Potato!!

Rachel said...

What an adorable family photo of you guys! Glad you enjoyed your time out with your friends.

Martha said...

I'm so glad you were able to meet up and spend some time together. The pictures are fun too.

Priscilla said...

I'm catching up on your blog. I have read several entries. I like your bathtub toys picture at the top.
Did you solve the "bug problem"?

Nice to see friends.

Jessica Morris said...

Nice! I love when free things happen :)

Wanda said...

What a darling picture of you and your sweet family ~~

Sometimes waiting, pays off!!