Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time for This or Time for That

Lately I have been overworked and overwhelmed. You have probably heard me complaining about it. I have finally begun the responsible thing of decluttering my schedule, so I can have more time with my family, at home, where I belong more often than not. Last week, I told our worship leader that I needed to take summers off from participating in the worship team. Singing with the team is something that I LOVE, but if something needs to go, this falls farther down on my priority list than the other ministries I am involved with. This was step number one. I am not sure what step number two is, but I did find in humorous that, the very next day, my CK boss asked me about coming back to work regularly again, though just one day a week. She complained of being very busy and needed some time, etc, etc. Basically the same thing I had been feeling. I am not ready to commit to a regular CK schedule yet. I much prefer filling in hours at random times, when I feel I am able. I think this may have been a test. Then, this week I find myself humored again. Monday nights I regularly go with my parents and a few siblings to a nursing home to sing to them and have a Bible study with them. This is something I will not clear out of my schedule. I love visiting with the people there and the ministry was passed down to us from my Grandpa when he got sick last September. However, this week's service was canceled because there was a GI bug going around the nursing home and the residents were confined to their rooms. So I was able to spend the evening at home. (Hooray for me! Sad for my friends at the nursing home.) Today there was a daycare class schedules for this evening. These are things I must attend on a monthly basis due to state regulations. But this evening's class was canceled due to the teacher having a family emergency! (Bad for teacher, good for me!) So two nights off in a row! AND I forgot to mention, that Sunday evening's church service was canceled for Mother's Day! Three cancellations in a row! Weird, eh?? I wonder what the rest of the week will bring... Oh and tonight was open-swim night at the pool where my friend teaches swim lessons. And since Adam was working late, and we were two minutes from the pool, and evening plans were canceled, I was able to take Josh swimming. Even though he had to go in his underwear, he still had great fun and wants to go again. Good times.

1 comment:

Martha said...

And then there was your mother who called to see if you wouldn't want to babysit a little darling next school year...