Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Fifth and Final Chapter of my Novel

Well, by now the fifth day of my five day weekend has past. I'm back to work, but I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend. My last day of freedom consisted of waking up at a decent time because my Dad called to wake me up. Okay, so he didn't call to wake me up, he called to see what my plans were for the day. Dad was going to be working around the corner from me, and he wondered if I would like to do lunch. That sounded nice... especially since it's been a long time since we've done that. So between then and lunch, I made plans to meet my Mom after lunch, I finally vacuumed my dining room rug (looks much better now), hung clothes on the line and washed dishes. I always like to accomplish some sort of house cleaning when I get the chance. I left home around 11:30 and went and picked up a sub from Dibella's (very good sub place... highly recommended) along with some cookies and chips. Then I headed over to Pastor Roger's house where Dad was doing drywall. We sat on the back porch and ate our subs while enjoying the lawn mower noises from next door. It didn't turn out to be as peaceful as ever. Figures... Dad said it's usually real serene, but of course not when he asks his daughter to lunch! I didn't let it bother me, but it was kinda humorous! After a nice lunch with Dad, I went out to visit Mom. She had to go pick up my sister Hannah at my Aunt's house, which is about 45 minutes away. So I tagged along for the ride. The warm sun and the long drive made me kinda drousy, but it was a good time to chat with Mom. When we got to Aunt Priscilla's, we all tumbled out of the car (Ben, my brother, my cousin Allen and two little girls Mom babysits). The younger kids rode bikes and played for a bit while we visited. Actually Mom and I tried out Aunt Priscilla's new "old" bike. I haven't ridden a bike in a long time... so that was kinda dangerous. We couldn't stay long- Mom had to get the girls back home so their Mom could pick them up. So we went on our way. Sometime I'm going to take a ride out to Aunt Priscilla's town and go shopping. They have lots of cool little shops on Main Street. Iron Mikes MX, a costume shop, antiques stores... real cool stuff. Maybe next week... Anyway, back at home. I helped Mom make dinner (a little) and thinned out the carrots in the garden. Hot dogs, mac salad and banana bread was on the menu. I was staying for dinner and my poor hubby had to fend for himself. That was okay, becasue he was coming home late anyway. And there was leftover pizza in the fridge. After dinner we went to church. Midweek service. Then I got to go home to Adam. After talking to a few of my engaged friends. My one friend, Rachel, is getting married on Saturday. It brings back all kinds of pre-wedding memories! It's so exciting. I can hardly wait and I'm not the one getting married!!! Ah, that was my five day weekend. Now it's back to work.


THE END

4 comments:

Martha said...

Did the bike pictures turn out terrible?

Bethany said...

No, I just haven't out them on my computer yet!

Priscilla said...

That's a nice lookin' bike!

gramanita said...

I love to read you and your moms blogs...they are so interesting to me...the every day boring lives of the world...sound sooo soooo interesting the way you put it...and besides I love you even if you could not spell or write or even read...your super wonderful incredible folks...and thats the way it is...many hugs Yogramanita