Monday, July 03, 2006

My Novel Continued- Day Two

On the second day of my five day weekend (which was Sunday), Hubby and I went to early service at church and then went to our favorite restaurant for breakfast. Upon getting to the diner, we saw one of Adam's old friends there. Josh was waiting to meet some other church friends there for breakfast, but they never showed. So he got to eat breakfast with us. What a lucky guy! He and Adam debated whether or not the space program was beneficial for the human race or not. What are everyone's thoughts on this subject? Pros? Cons? Is it good for the US? Should we be spending our money on other more worth while things?...
After breakfast, we went and watched Superman Returns at the movie theater. It was a pretty good movie. And, of course, Superman saved the day. I think the climax left something to be desired... Seemed to me that something was lacking. But I did enjoy the show... Definently didn't seem to be as long as it was.
The afternoon was so beautiful that, after the movie, it seemed a shame to spend it inside. so we went home and picked up Louis and took him out for ice cream. He doesn't really like ice cream, which is odd because all of Mom and Dad's cats like ice cream. He wandered around in the bushes at Bruesters while Adam and I ate ours. Then we took him for a walk in the park. He was rather enjoying that. We lay in the grass and had a little nap (even though I didn't sleep) while Louis wandered around on his leash. I took this picture while lying in the grass. After my "nap", I took Louis down to look at the pond and he puffed up his tail when he saw the fish in the water. Adam was going to set him on a rock in the pond, but Louis scratched him and Adam dropped him in and his tail and leg got wet. Louis didn't like that much at all. At about that time, we took him back home and went to church for evening service.
After church we had some friends over for burgers and milkshakes. We played speed solitare and Matt won. Yeah for Matt!
And that is the end of the second day of my five day vacation.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun weekend so far! Are you guys going to PennYan today? We're not this year.

Bethany said...

No, we're not going to Uncle Chuck's party. We're going to Adam's friend Gregg's house. We were also going to go play Lazer Tag with my friend Carissa, but they moved the time, so now we can't go. I'm dissapointed.

Priscilla said...

Nice to see you yesterday at my house!

Bethany said...

Yeah, nice to see you too!