Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Busy Season

So, for the last several weeks, I've been rather boring. Boorish. But this week I've been very, very busy. You see, it is candy season at the restaurant. If you didn't know, I work at a restaurant and the business also sells homemade candy. Everyone from the whole world over either comes or calls to order candy. Yesterday, we sent a box of chocolates to Hawaii and today I made up three boxes that were to be sent to the Bahamas. I've been going in to work at 8:00 every morning, before going to waitress, to help with candy orders. Yesterday I worked ALL day just taking and filling candy orders for people. It really is a great place to work. I love seeing all the different candies my boss and her husband make. They make all kinds of homemade candy canes, ribbon candy and sugar speck this time of year. I'm always amazed at all the different flavors and colors and all the people who come to get their candy from us. It definently is an experience I'll never forget. So, needless to say, now I'm tired from working all week and am ready for a day off tomorrow to catch up with myself, my house and my Christmas shopping. I have turned down another day of packing candy and babysitting. My laundry is sky high because I have had no time to wash it. I must go buy Adam's Christmas present (or else he might be disappointed). Oh, so much to do... I mustn't forget to praise the Lord for all His goodness and for the gift of Jesus Christ- the real reason for the season. I must remind myself to slow down and thank Him for all He has done for us. What a great God we do serve!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

You sound quite busy. 'Tis the season!

Martha said...

Mmm, yummy!