Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Afternoon Tea for Two

I'm sure you all are thinking, "Well, it's about time she posted again!" What can I say? I'm a busy girl... most of the time. I can't believe I am so far behind. Guess I'll start with last Thursday. I meant to post about this last Friday but Adam was in a hurry, so I couldn't.

Last Thursday my dear friend Emily was going to take me out for afternoon tea at Hick's and McCarthy's in Pittsford. The thing was that I usually don't get home from work till 3:30 and that's when reservations were. So that left me very little time between work and then to stop at home and get changed. But I planned accordingly and wore my nicer pants to work and brought along a shirt to change into. I was going to change my shirt at work before I left. But the thing was, I didn't remember about changing my shirt till after I was in my car. Oops. By now it was already after three and time is scarce so I didn't think I had enough time to go back into work (especially since we close at three and maybe the door was already locked). Where could I change??? I couldn't stop at home, I can't change here in the parking lot (who knows what wack's were watching), I can't wait till I get to the restaurant. The only good thing was I always wear two shirts (just that one's a spaghetti strap). Hmmm. The only near vacant place I knew along the way was, um, the road? Who knew that I would be daring enough to change my shirt while driving. It actually is quite easy. Although I would never had tried it if there were any cars around or if the road was curvy. One shirt off real quick and the other on again. The other shirt had a real big neck so it was just over the head and then I could see again. Quite fun. Anyway, I only met Emily about ten minutes late (which was much better than I had thought I would be). Tea was to be served in a small dining room which over looked main street. The tables were small (to compliment afternoon tea guests) and spread with a white table cloth. Two tea cups and matching tea pots were arranged nicely on the table. We chose our teas; Emily, vanilla and myself, the house blend. Accompanying our tea, were small sandwiches, scones, sponge cake and fruit tarts. Good thing we were hungry. Everything was so tasty and the atmosphere was so relaxing. She and I sat and talked for about an hour or so. When we left, we were given little satchels of lavender as souveniers. I put mine in my purse and now my purse smells like lavender, which I think is quite nice.
After tea, we went to The Christmas Tree Shoppe in Henrietta. It is a relativley new place and was very busy. Especially because of the holiday. I bought myself some Christmas tree ornaments and stuff. I don't have many ornaments yet but I think one kinda collects them as they go, so I'm not very worried. We are thinking about getting a tree this weekend. I guess that means we'll have to clear a space for one?
Anyway, Emily and I had such a lovely time together and afternoon tea was just wonderful. If anyone is ever interested in going for tea sometime, just let me know! I'd love to go again.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like a very nice afternoon out with a friend.

Rachel said...

Sounds like you two had lots of fun! I've heard about that Christmas Tree Shop from a few people, is it nice? What happens to it once Christmas passes?

Bethany said...

It sells not Christmas stuff... at cheap prices.

Anonymous said...

It sounds so delightful!