Sunday, December 31, 2006

An Ode to 2006

Seeing as it is the last day of 2006, I think I should have a farewell post. Maybe an ode to the year or something like that.

An Ode to the Year: Oh, 2006. What a year you have been, with rashes and crashes and things that akin (see February and March posts for explanation). A washing machine kaput and an evergreen tree, shopping for houses and then for some tea. A job as a waitress, a job as a cook, also with teaching and reading a book. Being a teacher for months on an end, becoming much more than only a friend. A half dozen marriages were attended with joy and then to come home to my very own boy. With sorrow in November, but joy we did not borrow. We have it to hold and forever tomorrow. The love of the Lord will see us on through, this year and next year with no further ado. Thank you.

6 comments:

Martha said...

How very nice. We almost had a wedding too (except it happened last December).

Priscilla said...

You are very clever! Happy New Year!

Rachel said...

Happy New Year!

Joe Fool said...

nice pome

Bethany said...

thanks to all for helping me to realize my dreams.

Shelly said...

Very clever indeed! :) Happy New Year. Okay, so I'm a little late! :)

PS I do want to do the chick flick - but this weekend isn't going to work out. Maybe I'll get your email from your mom and the three of us (and anyone else who might want to be included) can work out the details! :)