Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas Eve!

So yesterday I stayed home ALL day! I made pies (four of them), cleaned minimally, watched a movie, and wrapped presents. What an eventful day... I am quite pleased with it. I made two pumpkin pies and two pecan pies (is this da ja vue?). The only thing is that... well, instead of putting bourbon in the pecan pie, I used oozu. You might be thinking, "Oozu? Why oozu?" or "What is oozu?" Well, oozu is a Greek alcohol and this summer when my boss Mary and her family went to Greece they brought gifts home for everyone. And because they couldn't be partial with anyone, they got us all the same thing... Oozu and two little shot glasses. How nice... seeing as I don't drink and I couldn't give they drink away, I stashed it in a "secret" hiding place for the last four months waiting for Christmas when I would make pecan pie. So in went two tablespoons of oozu in each pecan pie. I have no idea how it will affect the pie but I'm sure I will find out at Adam's grandparent's this afternoon. Hopefully it'll be okay. Shortly Bob and Joanne are coming over to open their gifts (if Bob ever gets done walking the dog) and then we are going to Buffalo to Joanne's parents house. (Please let the pie be okay!)

Here's wishing everyone a loverly Christmas Eve today. May you be blessed by the Lord and keep Him in the center of your celebration. Much Love to you all!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

The pie was STRONG!

Priscilla said...

Merry Christmas! Did they like the pie?

Rachel said...

I guess by your comment, you didn't like the oozu in the pecan pie. Were those who ate it talking and laughing loudly from the buzz they got. LOL

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

My but you were busy!