Sunday, October 12, 2008

Too Good to Wait


On Saturday night, Adam and I decided we needed to try out a new restaurant in the area. One of my Mom's blog friends, Gudl and her husband recently opened an authentic German restaurant. My man is a fan of German cuisine and I love to try new places, so we took our boy and drove down to see what it was like. Gudl was very pleased to have us visit and we were greeted with a smile and a hug (kinda like meeting a friend). It was fun to meet someone who was somewhat familiar, even though I don't frequent her blog very often. But she knew our names (after I told her I was Martha's daughter) and loved meeting Joshua face to face. Dinner was very tasty and Adam even shared his suarkruat with Josh, who would take a bite and then give a horrendous shudder. It was hilarious! Josh eventually wised up and refused to take any more food off of our forks. When we had finished our supper, we were delighted to find that Gudl had treated us to her homemade dessert. And, oh my, it was delicious! I obviously couldn't resist taking a bite before I got out my camera to capture the moment. Thank you Gudl for a wonderful dinner and you can treat us to some of your dessert anytime!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That is so cool that you got to try out Gudl's new restaurant. The dessert looks so fabulous! I wouldn't have been able to wait, either:)

Gudl said...

I had to laugh...
it was a real pleasure meeting you all.

Rachel said...

I will make it there one of these days.

Priscilla said...

That is great!