Monday, June 27, 2011

Pulling My Heart Strings


They just tug at my heart strings. Knowing that one person, with the Lord's help, can make a difference in a young life, it's hard to stand by and do nothing. This Sunday three more children found sponsors and three more lives found new hope. I know that Compassion doesn't save children, but our God can use Compassion to save children. Our God can use you and I. I am baffled at how God chooses faulty and fallible people as a conduit of His love. Tonight I shared with Joshua how his Grammy is now sponsoring Fredik. This fact makes me so happy. Josh was so curious as to who Fredrik is and what he looked like. We talked about how Fredrik lives in Africa and how he has black skin, which inspired a conversation about how the people in the world all look different, and how God loves all of us. By the end of our conversation, Josh decided that he wants to go see Fredrik, in addition to visiting Viki, our other sponsor child from Indonesia. I love his young, innocent heart that loves without question and believes the impossible. No wonder the Lord says to have faith like a little child. (Luke 18:17) Anyway, I still have 19 more child packets for children who are waiting for a sponsor of their own. If you have been thinking or praying about sponsoring a child, I am more than happy to give you more information and let you look at the packets I have. I'll be sending them back to Compassion International later this week, so don't wait too long!

Or... you could sponsor Sintayehu by clicking here.

1 John 3:17-18 But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Mom, maybe I'll blog about teeth tomorrow... LOL

Martha said...

Too bad I didn't have my camera. Haha!

Anonymous said...

thinking about you ....and praying for the flyer distribution .... your partner in adventure!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bethany, How late did everyone stay? SO looking forward to next week!!!! Cindy