Tuesday, October 23, 2007

STRETCH!

Over the course of the past two days, I received my first baby trophies. Little stretch marks near my belly button. I had gotten so far along that I thought I had evaded them. Lotioning my belly every morning and rubbing it in nicely... Guess I forgot to do my belly button too. Why didn't anyone remind me that belly buttons are prone to stretching? I suppose I have much to be grateful for, but I still hope that these are the only marks that will be coursing over my lower half. I was so dissapointed last night when I found them... Even though I knew they would probably show up eventually. It'll all be worth it in the end.

And on a side note, I doubt baby will come for my birthday. Dissapointing.

7 comments:

judi/Gmj said...

I just told you mother to rest, as she is going to need it. I walked the floor until 3am your time. Waiting for you to "baby-up".

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

now i hope you don't have it until tomorrow. Who wants to share a birthday? Don't fuss about the stretch marks. if they are little, you could get your belly button pierced to hide them :)

Bethany said...

Oh, you make me laugh!

Gudl said...

Happy Birthday!
gmj is right, it is better to have two different birthdays.... otherwise yours will always be forgotten!!
In our house the daughter has birthday with Dad. ...
You hang in there! It will be alright. If the baby doesn't come yet, it still needs to be inside of you and 'finish up'. Think of it this way.

Ruth said...

Praying for you and the baby. Is it still your birthday over there? I suppose it must be because it's early morning 24th here. Happy Birthday...

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Happy Birthday from Texas. I read yours and your moms blog daily to find out if you are following Dr's orders...you are so stubborn...and beautiful too. I do love you so very much and wish I was there with you to sit on you so you would comply with the doctor. It won't be long now. With much love and wishes for a happy birthday from your Auntie Lori

Rachel said...

I didn't realize that I had stretch marks really low on my abdomen until after Steven was born because I couldn't see them. I just call them my Stevie marks...he's worth it! You will always be beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Ooh, the phone just rang and I jumped up thinking maybe you were headed to the hospital, but no such luck.

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday! Good that the baby is still "cooking". Keep up the good mommy work!