Monday, November 13, 2006

The Exciting Weekend

I'm blogging @ my Mom's house and wanted to pick a picture to put on my blog from her computer. So I picked a random photo (I couldn't tell what it was) and it turned out to be Oreo. He's one of my favorite cats.

I've had a busy weekend. Friday I did some Christmas shopping with my friend Bekah. We went out to the outlet mall and spent the afternoon wlking through some neat little stores. I still have a bunch of Christmas stuff to get done, but a little is out of the way. I'm hoping to get it done early this year. After shopping, I went out to eat with two of my other friends. Kinda for my birthday (talk about late). We went to Olive Garden. I had an enjoyable time. My friend Emily brought me a big ham....

So on Saturday I had to have a big party so we could eat the ham. It was a rather large ham- about 12 pounds. I couldn't freeze it because it had already thawed out. So I called my parents, my Grandparents and my brothers and invited them over for supper. It was quite the festive occasion, especially because it was Ben's birthday. We had a lovely gathering and we even played Apples to Apples. One of our favorite games.

Sunday was Ben's birthday party and we had cake and ice cream. Woo-hoot. (I got that from Christine's blog.) And there was church. I helped in the nursery on Sunday night with all the little chitlins.

And that was my exciting weekend. And it got even more exciting.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, sounds like fun!

Joe Fool said...

I took that picture.

Anonymous said...

cool picture!

Martha said...

Excitement can be fun!

Anonymous said...

I love "Apples to Apples"!!!

And you are way ahead of me in regards to Christmas shopping. I have yet to START! YIKES.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy that was a busy time for you. I love the pic1