Friday, November 10, 2006

To Keep Dreaming as if Were Possible

Supposing I had a lovely day, spent in and out of the sunshine, would anyone care for a cup 'o hot tea to end the day? The evening should be quite uneventful, you and I sharing it like we would. Chatting about not much more than the chickadees and how they spend their afternoon caring for thar young 'uns or about old Mister Wilkus and how he plants his carrots in nice neat rows the way he likes. We'd have ourselves a right chummy time together. We could have our tea out in the backgarden in the old chairs that Uncle Charles found hid away in the wood shed last fall. Though it might be a bit dark by now, we'd still have the light 'o the moon and stars to light the way. Perhaps I'll even check to see if I've any crumpets left from Granny's visit the other mornin'. They'd go along nicely with our tea, they would. Though I'm not sure I like the way they crumble when they get too moist around the edges. But sippin' my tea in the dainty tea cup that once was my mothers, cracked though it is, I'd be quite content and perhaps comforted despite soggy crumpets... So would anyone like to share a cup?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hmmm...sure, sounds nice! I'll take a soggy leftover crumpet!

Martha said...

Why I be pleased as punch t' be invited over t' join ya! We could reminise of days gone by, laughin' our little selves silly with the memories they bring. Oh yes, I'll be right on over!

Anonymous said...

Sounds quite nice!