Monday, February 13, 2006

Boring Escapades of Life

Ah, Mondays. You wake up tired, go back to work after the weekend, come home and try to figure out what to make for dinner because you didn't take anything out of the freezer, and think about how you have to back to work the next day....

We had a good weekend. I was called into work to clerk on Saturday. (We've been busy selling chocolate because of Valentine's day.) It was kinda nice working on Saturday again. It has to be the most exciting day to work, by far. It was real busy, candy and the restaurant. I even got the chance to wait on the counter because the other girls were so busy with their tables. It was fun. I'm clerking again this Saturday, but the candy business won't be quite so busy by then. In the evening, Adam and I went with his parents to the Sara Groves dinner concert at the Family Life Network. We all really enjoyed ourselves. Adam and I won a free CD because we were the newest newly weds. I guess it pays to be married :)

Sunday, after church, we went out to breakfast/lunch with Jim and Dave (my brothers). We took them to Billy's Homestead in West Webster. That is our favorite place to eat. I think it was an eye opener for Jim and Dave 'cause they got to see Adam in his relaxed state. He blew his straw wrapper at Jim but it went past him into the next booth where it almost hit a little kid in the face! That was so funny... I burst out laughing! Sometimes he's just like a little kid, who really needs to have someone keep an eye on him! :)

That night after evening service, we had some friends over to our house where we had waffles for supper and played Space Munchkin. That is a cool game our friend Tim intoduced us to. We've played it a few times before and we're getting pretty good. I like the other version of Munchkins better. It is of the knights and dragons time period.

Anyway, enough of my boring escapades. Time for a cookie...

4 comments:

Martha said...

Hey, Shelly's a little kid too, just like Adam! She blows straw papers into the next booth when we go out to eat. I always have to keep my eye on her.

James Austin said...

I saw Adam in his relaxed state when we drove to the Mens' Retreat in May or whenever that was. But it was an eye-opener.

Bethany said...

Did he sing and tell stupid stories? How 'bout make vroom, vroom car noises and such?

James Austin said...

Yes, yes, yes, and probably, yes. Actually I don't remember the car noises but I'm sure there were some when Tim got pulled over.